Too many American parents believed a comedian’s unsubstatiated information about immunizations thus they put America’s children at risk. Why did this woman get by with spreading propaganda when we had preventable diseases under control?
Because of very pretty, very funny female comedian, who on New Years Eve had TV viewers kiss the TV, have exposed our kids are once again getting the measles, whooping cough and other preventable childhood diseases that are not so child like… I do not like to watch Jenny any more. I don’t trust her. Do you? Why?
I know how not so child-friendly those childhood disease are. I had most of those diseases except polio, diptheria and lock jaw in the 1950’s.. I have enough to know I want my grand kids to get their shots. Be sure to read the content below under the part in red MUST READ.
While parents are afraid of immunizations they are no strangers to feeding their children drive-through crap and prepackaged toxins with fun shapes and colors. Or parents are buying all ind of new fangled tech gadgets hyonotize young minds into zombies and promote carpal tunnel. It doesn’t make sense to me… and that is my opinion…except the fact that all seem to be brain washed by marketing strategies and pretty smiling faces. Today success seems to be determined by how many entrtaining / labor saving devices we can own.
Not meant to be medical advice. Please consult with you health practictioner after having done good research on your own from scientifically prepared reports rather than actors who portray what someone pays them to say.
Americans fell for not factual propaganda
…that an actress, an actress mind you, that makes people laugh and men drool.. I mean really… how credible is a person who can successfully pretend to be characters they aren’t? That is my opinion and this is my blog so I can collect and share more credible sources to overwhelm, you the reader, with more information on immunizations that you may have thought about researching on your own…I do this without pin-able pictures.
I would love to think that there have not been, there is no and there will never be any side effects or problem with the immunizations we give our children… in reality nothing will be a perfect fix in this world… Do I trust big drug companies? HELP ME NO!
Do I know what side affects of “childhood” diseases can do? Unfortunately, YES, I DO KNOW what those nearly eradicated diseases can do. But, I fear the younger generation is so spoiled that very few have an inkling of what to expect.when these preventable diseases hit harder than they could ever imagine.
Parents in this day and age have no clue what misery they missed out on by being immunized. Nor do today’s parents bother to look in a book to read about it themselves. Too many parents, today seem to be so damn passive that they prefer to buy into entertainment rather than learning the documented facts.
We have the statistics to back up the horrors of childhood diseases.. We have the factual numbers to show most of the data from past generations. We can’t exactly predict the future, but we do know that history repeats itself if we have not learned from it.
Did you get a flu shot this year?
For example: So far this year and it is only January 22, 2018 it seems the flu is hitting America with a vengeance. So, it is too early to quote stats on the flu of 2018. What we do know is: the vaccines are not covering as well as hoped.
I think that those who are more physically fit with good nutritional habit will recover. Then hopefully they will disinfect those precious covered tech devices we can’t live out before we re-infect ourselves and those around us.
[I just had a crazy thought. They used to burn bedding and books after epidemics. Will the good folks of today be willing to burn their dispose of their cell phones and i pads should we discover they are transmitting diseases? What if? Recently grocery stores started offering disinfectant wipes for icky handles on grocery store carts. but then we go and around with germ y cell phones and think nothing of it…m-m-m? Just a thought…] author Malika Bourne
If folks take some preventive steps we can reduce the spreading of the flu. We can keep the flu to a minimum rather than a Pandemic. We will have to wait and see…if people make good choices or not.
I fear that all too many who can not take the time to learn from our history are doomed to repeat the past…ignorance; lack of preventative hygiene; poor nutrition…Millennial, in particular are complacent. They have not experienced, yet, real gut wrenching pain of disease… and I they don’t have to learn the hard way they life can’t always be sugar coated rewards just by showing up to play the game.
Just as we can prevent the spread of other communicable diseases that used to kill and cripple children. Adults can get those diseases as well, but in the past most people were exposed to those diseases and children before they reached adult hood.
The very old statistics on Autism from way back in the olden days really have not been very good. On a personal note when I was in nurses training in the early 1970’s I learned a little bit about Autism. Nobody really knew that much about it. I learned enough to identify a few kids in my care to point out to the parents to mention to their child’s doctor. Up to that point other knowledgeable people sloughed off the lack of eye contact or things rocking as the kids was hindering the class flow… but few knew that something to could be done to help.
What am I saying?
I am certain that Autism was under diagnosed until recently. I know for fact as a nurse who graduate din 1972 that autsim was often not recognized very early in life.
Let me take this point to the extreme..
Do we see cavemen drawings of TV, computers automobiles or autism? of course not. I will guess a good portion of cavemen died from exposure to the elements, food poisoning if they did not starve to death or get eaten by a wild animal… Priorities were different I think…. I don’t know because I was not alive, just yet in Caveman days.I was born a few years later in the Happy Days.
Does the Bible have stats on Autism being caused by immunizations? No, but that does not mean that autism did not exist way back in ancient Biblical history. Most people died before they were 50 of other causes far more critical. If I dug deep into archaeology I would guess that we may find some documents evidence of autism, but did not have diagnostic code yet. It was Survival of the Fittest cruel concept dictated that who ever could fin for themselves lived or those who could not died. What facts were the most important priority to record?
What I am saying in kind of stupid or crude sounding way that is probably more statistically accurate than any claim that any understandably emotional mother of an autistic child should be claiming on American news media. Don’t get me wrong, my heart goes out to parents who learn then live with children who are diagnosed with autism. The real life scenario is devastating.
About 1 percent of the world population has autism spectrum disorder. (CDC, 2014)
Prevalence in the United States is estimated at 1 in 68 births. (CDC, 2014)
More than 3.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder. (Buescher et al., 2014)
Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability. (CDC, 2008)
For the first time in over a decade, new federal autism statistics suggest that prevalence of the developmental disorder is steady.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday that 1 in 68 school-age kids across the country are estimated to have autism.
Do immunization cause autism like Jenny Mc Carthy has claimed? this is not a laughing matter.
Gee, I don’t really know tho; I really do not think so. I have not seen good enough documentation to prove or disprove. But, from what I have read Jenny was wrong…really wrong…but don’t quote me. ( See a quote and link below.)
We can’t believe everything we hear or read. Hopefully we adults make our good choices based on facts not rumors and unsubstantiated claims.
It is also devastating to learn about then live with a promising child who suffers from preventable complications of measles, mumps, rubella, polio, pertussis etc. I do know that immunizations have saved lives..I do know that for a fact.that all too many celebrities who are desperate to save their careers have jumped on crusading bandwagons by being spokespersons for misleading propaganda. Then again, other celebs have done a great deal of good for humanity- it help get them publicity.
I also know, as a statistical fact that too many children whose parents listened to a comedian have lost children to a childhood disease or complications of.
These people claim that it is their freedom and their right to choose not to vaccinate themselves or their children, despite ample evidence that vaccines save lives.
When presented with scientific research arguing in favor of vaccines, anti-vaxxers claim that the research is not trustworthy because it is surely paid for Big Pharma, which is only looking to profit from the pain of others.
…Since the study was published, however, it was subsequently debunked. Despite the fact that the study has been disproved, it is still fueling the anti-vaxxers….
Anti-vaxxers believe that the risks far outweigh the benefits. Science has shown us that the benefits of vaccines far outweigh the risks. Vaccines work.
If you only read one part READ this:
If you read nothing else…
on my verbose post with far too many typos I hope you click the link coming up to just take look at what the bodies of sweet little children look like when they get 10 very preventable disease.
Go ahead click HERE.. warning picture are graphic.
Shocking Highlights of the 10 preventable diseases parents are choosing to not protect their kids from:..
Most of these diseases may start out like a little cold… but you will never ever want to to discover the little cold is something far more sinister than you know.
- VARICELLA (Chickenpox) It can lead to pneumonia, brain infection or death. To read more http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hbchikpx.htm
- TETANUS (Lockjaw)Tetanus caused by a poison produced by a germ that can enter the body through a cut…painful spasms of all muscles and can lead to “locking” of the jaw so a person cannot open his or her mouth, swallow, breath or move…
- PERTUSSIS (Whooping cough)Pertussis, more commonly known as whooping cough, is an extremely contagious disease that also may affect the brain ..serious for babies, who can get pneumonia, have seizures, become brain damaged, or even die.
- POLIOMYELITIS (Polio)Paralytic polio is a virus that strikes children and adults and can cripple and kill….
- MEASLES (Rubeola)The measles virus can be spread very easily….can cause pneumonia, brain damage, seizures or death.
- The mumps virus causes fever, headaches and swollen salivary glands under the jaw…. may develop a mild meningitis (inflammation of the covering of the brain and spinal cord) and sometimes encephalitis (inflammation of the brain). Mumps also can result in permanent hearing loss…
- The rubella virus… mild sickness fever, swollen glands and a rash that last about three days… if a pregnant woman gets rubella, she can lose her baby, or the baby can be born blind, deaf, ‘mentally retarded’ or with heart defects or other serious problems.
- DIPHTHERIADiphtheria – (pdf) is an infectious disease … bacteria live in mouth, throat and nose of an infected person, easily passed to others through coughing and sneezing…hard to swallow. If not treated, or not treated in time, the bacteria may produce a powerful poison that can spread throughout the body causing serious complications such as heart failure or paralysis.
- HEPATITIS BHepatitis B is an infection of the liver Hepatitis B causes a flu-like…infected pregnant woman can expose her newborn to this virus during birth….pregnant woman can expose her newborn to this virus during birth. … virus stays in liver… rest of their lives…. severe liver diseases or cancer.
- HAEMOPHILUS INFLUENZAE TYPE B (HIB) INFECTIONSHaemophilus influenzae causes serious health problems in young children, including the most dangerous type of meningitis….pneumonia… infection blood, joints, bone, throat and heart covering…
Not one of those potential complications are like a day at the park for any child…There is nothing child-like when a child gets a preventable disease. it is not fair to not be willing to help our children with some kind protective immunity that vaccines can offer. These diseases that were almost wiped out or under control are no respect-or of persons nor does a disease care what your income bracket is nor believe system.
Explore more consequences of preventable diseases:
For those who don’t trust the CDC just as the old timers like grand parents.I’m old. I have disabilities that I have lived with for years like hearing loss. Do I know that my diminished hearing was caused form the measles? I don’t know for sure.
Measles can be a serious in all age groups. However, children younger than 5 years of age and adults older than 20 years of age are more likely to suffer from measles complications.
- Ear infections occur in about 1 out of every 10 children with measles and can result in permanent hearing loss.
- … one out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children. one child every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis (swelling of the brain) that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or with intellectual disability.
- For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it.
- Measles may cause pregnant woman to give birth prematurely, or have a low-birth-weight baby.
Click the link to read more in depth facts: https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/complications.html
At some point a great number of those children who were not immunized whille get those diseases and feel the consequences like they never could have anticipated. Those who will choose to work in the fields of education or health care will be required to be immunized before they can work.
When you choose to not vaccinate a child who is eligible for a vaccine, you are compromising herd immunity. Despite significant research proving the benefits of vaccines, more and more people are choosing not to vaccinate. As the ratio of un-vaccinated to vaccinated children changes, the reliability of herd immunity also changes.
….far too easy…. States are reporting higher and higher numbers of children who are not being vaccinated, and quite frankly, … alarming and it is reckless.
- For every 1 million children who receive the vaccine for measles, 1-2 children experience complications
… to be continued.. there is more parents should know about immunizations.