You know what they say, "When life gives you lemons..."?
---this old No Non-cents Nanna says, "When you have Lemon oil_ CLEAN WITH IT and eat it , too! Keep reading for 34 for practical uses for CPTG doTerra's Lemon Essential Oil.
(Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.)
1. A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
2. Tame Oozy, Sappy Trees. Whether the sap is on your carpet, clothes or seeped into your skin, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
3. Stop Grease in its Tracks. You just fixed your bike. Your hands are black and greasy. Soap alone won’t remove the grease, but lemon oil mixed with your soap will. Lemon oil is a great de-greaser!
4. Disinfect the Disgusting. You can add lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and attack what may be living in your range hood, on your tables, countertops and other surfaces. For some extra chemical-free firepower, a little vinegar is a traditional favorite.
5. Lose the Gas Mask. When you clean the gunky build up in your shower, do you practically have to wear a gas mask to survive the fumes? Go gas mask free and clean with lemon oil. Just a small amount of lemon oil will go a long way in removing hard water build up.
6. Nourish Your Leathers. Whether you ride a Harley in style or cherish the patina of your leather sofa at home, your leathers are not maintenance free. Use a lemon oil soaked cloth to preserve them, and prevent leather from splitting.
7. High Ho Silver. A lemon oil treated cloth is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver or other metals. You may not eat on silver every day, but bracelets, earrings, necklaces often need some love.
8. Deactivate the Sticky. Lemon oil can help you avert a hair cutting crisis the next time you deal with gum in hair. Got kids with obsessive addictions to stickers or temporary tattoos? Works for those too. Not for wide receivers.
9. Love Your Luster. Bring your furniture back to life with lemon oil! Just add a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. De-Smudge Your Stainless. You don’t need to hunt down that “single use” stainless steel cleaner anymore. Multi-use lemon oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances. You’ll love the way stainless looks and smells!
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. What is living in the pores of your natural stone counters or floors? Lemon oil cleans deeply, seeps into stone and leaves you with a “real fresh lemons” aroma, rather than that fake lemon chemical smell.
12. Energize your Brush. If your toothbrush seems a bit tired, add a drop of lemon and peppermint oils to chase away that run-down feeling.
13. Quarantine Pungencies. Moldy kid’s sneakers, a baby’s blowout, potty training … it all adds up to an less than desirable aroma. Diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at their source!
14. Take the Spine Out of Scuffs. Got a scuff mark that just won’t go away? Lemon oil lifts scuff marks in remarkable ways!
15. Curtail the Dank, Musty or Mildewed. Things get stored away. Things get old. Things don’t see the light of day. Chase away that “old smell” and inject new energy with a good lemon oil wipe down.
16.Stop Cutting Board Bacteria Palooza. Cutting boards can harbor bacteria in your kitchen. Nobody wants to taste the chemicals you have in your cleaning closet, yet most people love the taste of lemon!
17. Control an Aphid Invasion, Naturally. Aphids — those pesky little bugs that dine on your roses and other plants. Lemon oil (or peppermint) with water in a garden spray bottle are a natural pesticide that kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave your plants looking lovely.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each load. Your dishes will come out looking like new… spot-free!
19. Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better! Cooking & Food
20. Energy Boost. For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of lemon essential oil and peppermint essential oil in a glass of water and drink up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water.
21. Zest Up Your Sugary Indulgences. There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
23. Pep Up Your Entrees. With lemon oil, there are countless ways to make the bland zippy, or the blah peppy: Roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon garlic shrimp … or to add a fresh kick to an already great salad. - See more at: http://www.doterraeveryday.com/101-uses/#sthash.H7JEsIc0.dpuf
24. Preserve What You’ve Got. Use lemon oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving. Body & Mind
25. Ease Respiratory Gunkity Goop. When used with a humidifier, it’s a great way to slow wheezing, colds, cough, and other upper respiratory problems.
26. De-scratch Your Scratchy Throat. Adding a couple drops of lemon essential oil to warm water & honey can change that yucky sore throat feeling, slow a nasty cough, and douse a fever. Lemon oil fights bacteria, as well as viruses.
27. Honeylicious Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip the expensive salon highlight treatment, and use lemon oil to create your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after using with your hair product, and it will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
28. Fight the Fungus Among Us. Tired of seeing that unsightly nail fungus? Lemon oil is great for nails, and can help fight against nail fungus.
29. Halt the Nervous Nellie, In You. When combined with lavender oil and diffused into a room, you’ll find you feel less anxious, a better mood, more even keel, and well … linear.
30. Clear Thinking & Clear Focus, Made Visible. A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook. It’s all good. Real good. Diffuse lemon oil and you got it.
31. Take the Heat Out of Cold Sores. When you have a gnarly cold sore that’s just begging for attention, douse it with a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll have a new best friend. 32. Nice Mood … No Really. Chase away the moody blues (not the band), with a bit of blah-reducing lemon oil. Whether you choose to diffuse it or apply topically, it’s hard to not improve your outlook with lemon oil around!
33. Was That a Crusty? Next time you notice hard, crusty skin on your feet, (e.g. corns, calluses or bunions) regularly add a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll soon have softened skin!
34. A Brighter Complexion. Lemon oil can help remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. For a homemade exfoliant, add 4-5 drops to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade scrub. Feels great!
DoTerra's Intro Kit inlcudes one 5 ml bottle each of Lemon along with Peppermint and Lavender Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils CPTG.
This post was taken from 101 Uses for the Intro Kit – Lavender, Lemon & Peppermint - See more at: http://www.doterraeveryday.com/101-uses/#sthash.H7JEsIc0.dpuf
Malika Bourne independant Wellness Advocate recieves bonuses and comission from doTerrra http://www.mydoterra.com/malikabourne/
Colorado Springs cell phone for Malika Bourne 719-291-4914
*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. dōTERRA products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any dōTERRA product.
- See more at: http://doterrablog.com/diy-whipped-peppermint-foot-lotion/#sthash.by4zeaGM.dpuf
Malika Bourne is honored to be teaming up with a Colorado Springs upcoming Fund Raising Events in Colorado Springs
We've only just begun to make craft items to be "sold" for donation outside local stores.
A Sleepy-time Sachette is a small pouch scented with an essential blend that not only smells wonderful, but enhances relaxation before bedtime. This is the creative idea of this blog's author, Malika Bourne. ( I use either doTerra's Lavander or SErinity Blend)
Prepare 36" strips of colorful remnant fabric. (This came from Wal-Mart. Feel free to donate remnants to the cause.)
Fold into equal parts then cut into 5" long pieces.
Fold the 5" piece in half right sides to right sides.
Sew 2 sides leaving one side open.
Turn right side out then stuff 1 wonderfully aromatic cotton ball into the little pouch. (Ends up apx 2".)
The finished product will look something like this cute little sachette.
(The item below is actully filled with lavender rice for relaxing eyes packs: another fun aromatic item to be offered.)
2nd Annual Vendor & Craft Show
(Christmas for Kendrick)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
December 05, 2015
Come out and support 100+ vendors while finding the perfect Christmas gifts for your friends and loved ones.
2 day event December 5th 9:00 am-5:00 pm December 6th 10:00 am-4:00 pm
For this event if you are interested in being a vendor we have a page for vendors only, so please add the page to stay in the loop with all information (Please tell Kim Malika sent you.)
2nd Annual Christmas Vendor & Craft Show-Christmas for Kendrick
Heads up Colorado Springs!
Let's help the dogs of our deployed service men and women: our neighbors!
Check it out!
Be an event vendor!
Attend the event August 1, 2015!
Share this need, please.
Here is the event page, lets share and invite everyone we know!!!
Colorado Springs Businesses be on the look out for the No Non-cents Nanna!
Malika Bourne aka the No Non-cents Nanna is desperately seeking establishments that can accomodate large wheelchairs with reasonable access from bus stops and handi-cap parking in Colorado Springs , Colorado beginning in January 2015.
"The answer is something. I MUST do something to raise awareness for people who live with challenges to mobility.", says Malika Bourne the mother of an adult son who is wheelchair bound.
"A mind is a terrible thing waste. Legs may nolonger work, but that doesn't mean a person in a wheelchair doesn't deserve a life like other people enjoy. Life can turn on adime for anyone. WE BAbyboomers will need more asistnce to get around. People need to stop assuming."
"I'm fed up with so many barriers to moblitity my son. He needs to be able to socialize with other human being beside his Mommy. Even motherly love can't fix the fact that this once athletic man is stuck in inside for months need s a break from each other. People don't seem to process why ADA has made laws to protect citizines with disablitites."
Below are photo taken 6 months ago on a mile long walk to the closest bus stops.
This crack in the sidewalk is even more raised now than it was when this images was taken 6 months ago. What happens when falling leaves cover this or 6 inches of unshoveled snow.
The photo right above was one of many photos taken from our apartment window. Below in a different view that shows the bigger picture.Can you identify the barriers to moblity?
Do you know where this supposedly handi-cap accessible men's rest room is? HInt: Down town Colorado Springs. There is a little hallway to the left. Do you think every wheelchair can negotiate the turn?
What are your thoughts on keeping sidewalks in good shape for the safety of all people walking?
Why would neighbors who have disabilties have the need to leave their homes?
Reviews of establishments in Colorado Springs will appear soon on MalikaBourne.com