At times life can be like a box of puzzle pieces:puzzling!
We have many choices when we are so mixed up the pieces don’t fit right.
- Whine and complain.
- Stay passive or silent.
- Blame someone else for the problem
- Wait for someone (enabler)to fix it for us
- Problem solve to do something different.
In the image below I gave the 2 year old a homemade puzzle made from a piece of card board. She thought it was cool, but did not have a clue as to what she should do with it.
- She had a knowledge deficit. And, that’s OK because she lacked experience as a two year old.
- If I, myself, had a knowledge deficit as a new parent or caregiver I might have been judgmental and have gotten upset with her for being”lazy or stupid”. Now that would not ever be appropriate. But, some ill-informed adult do react poorly thus needing some guidance.
- I could slap her around for not putting the puzzle together. I would NOT do that, either. From experience I know two year old kids have to be taught from good examples over time.
Unfortunately many adults have their own knowledge-deficits