For the love of finger plays this post shares 10 links to dozens of the best fingerplays shared on Pinterest and 8 more reasons why great pre-school teachers use finger plays to teach in the class room.
- Those of us who teach kids finger plays understand the value of rhythm and rhyme in the learning process.
- Finger plays can go every where when a child uses his/ her hands and fingers.
- For increased sensory involvement add cut out felt shapes; coloring book pages; or store bought finger puppets.
- No Non-cents Nanna’s HEART FELT PLAY STORE creates sets of sensory play items with your child in mind.
- Kids can memorizes a nursery poem or finger play then when they read that poem in a book they can begin picking out the word on the page.
6. Children feel the sense of a happy community when chanting familiar words with peers.