This post is a continuation of Pre-Schoolers Learning to Sew Dolls Clothes and can be adapted to other learning experiences.
This old No Non-cents Nanna knows when children are given the opportunity,along with the adults patience, they can do many things on the road to eventual independence.
What parts can a 4 year old ‘sew”?
- Pick out the material and thread color.
- Lay pieces of clothe on the doll to design the most beautiful dress in the whole world EVER!
- Pick up the sewing machine bobbin off the floor when Nanna drops it.
- Chose to make a skirt and top or a dress.
- Choose to have the doll wear the leggings Nanna made from a sock even if Nanna thinks- to her self – those legging match the outfit too well.
Remember: this is the child’s project. It is NOT YOUR project to tell the child what to make… so, keep the choices to acceptable and safe limits.*